Re: Kernel tuning

To: Suresh Rajagopalan <sraja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel tuning
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 07:39:41 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Suresh Rajagopalan wrote:

> I'm going to deploy VS-DR in a fairly busy site, are there any kernel
> parameters that need to be tuned (other than the number of connections
> --I'm using 2^16) ?. Is max memory usage of the director based on the
> VS_TAB_BITS?

        All entries are included in a table with (1 << IP_VS_TAB_BITS)
rows and unlimited number of columns. 2^16 rows is enough. Currently,
LVS 0.9.7 can eat all your memory for entries (using any number of rows).
The memory checks are planned in the next LVS versions.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>