Re: Is it possible agian?

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Is it possible agian?
From: Zhao Hongfei <zhaohf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 17:17:28 +0800

Wensong Zhang wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Zhao Hongfei wrote:
>
> > Dear sir,
> >
> > This is my problem,
> >
> > The backup-server is run same as the Director(same connections,same
> > configurations,etc) at any time.Of course,the Director dipatches the
> > packets to realservers,but backup-server doesn't.And the connections and
> > the configurations is  sended to the backup-server nomally.Once the
> > Director is down,the backup-server becomes to Director.
> > It is possible?
>
> I think it is possible. The director and the backup are in a shared
> network for incoming traffic, the backup sniff packets and change its
> connection state the same as the director (because the director is just on
> half client-to-server connection in LVS/TUN and LVS/DR), then drop
> packets.

You can see,the connections depend on the initalize status and realsevers
realtime status. So another method is that when Director is down, backup-sever
setup the ipvs with the connections,but it seems too late. How do you think
about this? Up to now, I haven't have a good idea about the recovering the
connections. Could you help me out?

> > And how to? Mainly connections.
> >

> It needs some investigation and probably lots of additional code too. ;-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wensong
>
> > Thanks.
> > Best regards.