Re: Hopping to VIP on other real servers

To: Stephen Zander <gibreel@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hopping to VIP on other real servers
Cc: jake buchholz <jake@xxxxxxxxxx>, Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>, brad@xxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: jake buchholz <jake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:18:46 -0600
On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 05:14:55PM -0800, Stephen Zander wrote:
>     jake> You know, that's exactly the solution I settled on this
>     jake> afternoon...  :)
>
> With static routes to the second VIP from the real web-boxen?

no static routes should be necessary.  There's no route on the web
server that would keep a request for that ip there, so it'll get
sent to the web server's gateway which knows to bring that ip back
to the proper LVS server.

--
Jake Buchholz, Senior Systems Administrator     :           /~\
ExecPC (a Voyager.net company, NASDAQ: VOYN)    :    ASCII  \ /  Against