Re: Problem with IPVS/NAT !

To: "Rodrigo P. Telles" <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problem with IPVS/NAT !
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 22:49:51 +0800 (CST)

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Rodrigo P. Telles wrote:

> > I am having the following problem with
> > IPVS/NAT:  I have an internal network
> > 192.168.0.0/16 and another external network
> > 200.208.xxx.yyy. I am using ipvsadm in the
> > following way:  My Virtual Server possesss 2
> > IP addresses = 192.168.0.5 and
> > 200.208.xxx.yyy.
> > ipvsadm -A -t 200.208.xxx.yyy:80
> > ipvsadm -a -t 200.208.xxx.yyy:80 -R
> > 192.168.0.15:80 - m
> >
> > Until here all good, all in the Internet
> > obtain to have access the server without
> > problems, but the addresses of my Intranet
> > (192.168.0.0/16) do not obtain to have access
> > the address 200.208.xxx.yyy:80.

In LVS/NAT, virtual server can be only viewed from the outside of the
cluster.

> > OBS:  I am using masquerade = ipchains -A
> > forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.0/16.  Gateway of
> > all the machines of the
> > Intranet is the 192.168.0.5.
> >
> > why this occurs?  E which the possible
> > solution?

Simple, run an internal name server, point your whatever domain for
virtual services to 192.168.0.5, (you can use bind to map a domain to
multiple addresses if you have more than one real servers, DNS load
balancing), then all clients from 192.168.0.0/16 can access the server
directly. ;-)

Wensong