Re: Nice to have features

To: "Andreas J. Koenig" <andreas.koenig@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Nice to have features
Cc: lvs-users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Markus Bernhardt <mbernhardt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 19:01:19 +0000
Hi Andreas

> The most important reason behind this is that we want to
> avoid bloat on the LVS to make it as fast as possible so it never
> becomes the bottleneck. Before adding features to it, one should
> evaluate readily available solutions.

I think it is not a good idea to see LVS as a stand alone network balancer.
Its o.K. to say: "If you use it as simple load balancer, it will never be a
bottleneck, but if you use sophisticated features it can be."

> ...., it's only drawback is that it's not as fast as LVS.

I think the focus always has to be the whole system and LVS is a part
of the system. It can happen that I am needing a quite complex algorithm
for the job and integrating it into LVS delivers the fastest solution.
So why not ?

markus