Re: Pirana and popt

To: Xavier Beaudouin <xbeaudouin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Pirana and popt
Cc: Linux Virtual Server MList <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:18:46 -0500
Xavier Beaudouin wrote:

> my debian 2.1 system which is glibc 2.0 based.

finding popt for glibc-2.0 is one problem but the
greater problem is that you are running glibc-2.0.

glibc-2.0 was experimental and not meant for production. You were
only to install it to help the glibc developers and were
to go to gibc-2.1 when it was released. I know
some Linux distributors acted as though glibc-2.0 was
a regular release when they wanted a marketting
edge and are acting like it was an experimental release
when 2.1 came out. Some distributions had glibc-2.0 in
the contrib directory which is more in line with what
the glibc developers asked.