Kernel

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Kernel
From: Peter Martin <p.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:36:10 +-100
Hi all,

I know this is probably not the correct place for this query, but...

Recently I tried to update my director to a higher version IPVS 9.8, and to do
this I assumed I needed the new Kernel source, I got 2.2.14, I've been through
the HOWTO etc. and thought I done all correctly, but, on rebooting the kernel
would not load, sticking on 'Loading Modules', I can only assume I've missed a
step when compiling which has not made the correct updates to my 'add in's',
I'm sure I did a 'make modules', but the module version still seems to be the
old 2.2.12 which came with my RedHat 6.1

What did I do wrong?

I need to get to 0.9.x to use the persistant port feature.

Please note I'm still new to Linux, but trying hard!

Thanks in advance.

Peter Martin.