Re: Kernel

To: "Peter Martin" <p.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel
From: Emmanuel Paré <emman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:36:24 -0500
Did you did a make modules_install?
Do you select module support in the config file (make menuconfig)??
Did you change /etc/lilo to point on the new kernel bzImage?

Here is a quick cookbook
1-) Download linux-2.2.14
2-) Patch the kernel with ipvs-0.9.9  ex cd linux patch -p1 < ../ipvs.patch
3-) Make menuconfig  (select the options and drivers needed and of course
IPVS stuff)
4-) Make dep
5-) Make bzImage
6-) Make modules
7)- Make modules_install

Next the important part!
8-) cp /arch/boot/i386/bzImage (as I remember) to /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14
9-) edit /etc/lilo.conf

add those lines and edit root=/dev/hdx

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14
        label=IPVS