Re: how to change the default size of hash table?

To: "Wensong Zhang" <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: how to change the default size of hash table?
Cc: "Ratz" <ratz@xxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: hewt@xxxxxxxxxx (He Weitao)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:14:03 +0800

> > can I  make such a conclusion?
> > If there is enough mem, then the parameter can be set to more than 2^20?
> >

> Yup.
>
> BTW, 2^20 is not a small number, it is one million. What your application
> is? it needs that big table. ;-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wensong

I would like to make such a calculation:
    there are 1000 people online, everyone open 5 connections in hash table,
and every connection last for 360s(the default ppc time), then the size is:
1000x5x360=1,800,000.
that means only 1000 people can be online at the same time if it is 2^20?
    Is that right? I wish I am wrong. ;-)

Regards

ttao