Little pb

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Little pb
From: "Terence Dewaele" <dewaele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:31:46 +0200
Hello ,

I'm french network administrator in france and i have installed your linux
virtual server.
I have a little probleme with him.
The lvs work perfeclly with a standard application (web, ftp, ...) but if i
use for an another application with work with a different port ex: port: 81
the lvs doesn't work.
I have configured the lvs with nat and after with direct routing.
Now i use the lvs by direct routing.
I have 4 pc, 1 director , 1 backup, 2 reals servers
My director was configured corectly (i think) with service www
And my real server have apache witch work under port 80

If i test in my browser the ip @ of director, the director forward the
demand at the real server 1 & 2 correctly, it's good
If i change in my lvs.cf the port number and i put the port 81 by exemple
and i reconfigure my apache on server real1 & real2 and i put the port
number in 81 and relaunch all , the director doesn't work corectly.

If i do a tcpdump under the real1 i look the ip packet from the director and
i look the reponse from the director but the lvs doesn't work.
If i do a tcpdump under the director i look the ip packet from the real1 and
i look the reponse from the real server but the lvs doesn't work.

if i test with the port number 21 , it work !
if i test with the port number 23 , it work !
if i test with the port number 80 , it work !
but other , doesn't work !

My 4 server was under Linux Red hat 6.2 and the configuration is PIII600 256
Mo
My network card is 3com 3C 905 C and the was all pluged under a switch.
In this network there are juste this server

Thanks for avance and congratulation for your lvs it is a very good software

Best regards.

Terence Dewaele
Dream-up