Re: UDP load balancing problem

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: UDP load balancing problem
Cc: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:36:15 +0800 (CST)

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Joseph Mack wrote:

> I would expect least connection is meaningless in the udp context, since
> there aren't any connections ;) but quite what you'd see as far as
> balancing, I don't know.

For UDP datagrams, we still create entries for state with the timeout of
IP_MASQ_S_UDP (5*60*HZ) by default, then all UDP datagram from the same
source to the same destination will be sent to the same server. Therefore,
in some documents, I write a small note that we call data communication
between a client's socket and a server's socket {\bf connection}, no
matter it talks TCP or UDP protocol. :)

Wayne, you probably need to know the communication behavior of ntpdate,
then it will be easier to know why the ntp service doesn't work well with
least connection scheduling method.

Thanks,

Wensong