Re: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtualaddress

To: Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtualaddress
Cc: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 07:40:18 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Ratz wrote:

> Hi Julian,
>
> I'm sorry, I already recompiled the kernel with a lower
> value for IP_VS_SVC_TAB_BITS. And it seems to work. But
> if you would help me debugging the oops, I'd gladly
> reconstruct the former kernel state and try to reproduce
> the problem. Then we could start debugging with the new
> stack addresses and the correct symbol table.
> Let me know, aehm, actually I'll do it anyway!

        OK, if this is not a problem for you. It is interesting how
this kernel worked 2 hours and where is the oops point.

        IP_VS_SVC_TAB_BITS is tuned for large number of virtual
services. I'm not sure if you have more than 256 services. And
this is a hash table with 256 rows by default. This means you
can create more than 256 virtual services :)

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>