Errata [was: Unable to handle ...]

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Errata [was: Unable to handle ...]
Cc: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:30:23 +0200
Hi

I'm terrible sorry for the mistake I made. I was meaning
IP_VS_TAB_BITS instead of IP_VS_SVC_TAB_BITS. Of course
the second one is enough by setting/leaving it to 8.
Ok, several hours (18) passed by without any kernel oops
message. I'll will have a look for a couple of hours,
then I will switch back to the former kernel with
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_VS_TAB_BITS=17.

Wensong wrote:
> I thought that there is often very few virtual service entry on a LVS box,
> such as one or two, and service table of 256 first-layer entries are big
> enough for most application, so I simply used the static variables.

> BTW, do you really need such a big table of 128K (2^17) entries at first
> layer?

of course I do not need such a huge amout of services. Poor guy who
would
need to enter them :)

Julian wrote:
>         OK, if this is not a problem for you. It is interesting how
> this kernel worked 2 hours and where is the oops point.

I try to reproduce it, and disassemble the interesting stack functions.
Sorry again for this bad typo and thank you both, Wensong and Julian
for your explanations.

best regards,

Roberto Nibali, ratz