problem using shopping cart with AOL users

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: problem using shopping cart with AOL users
From: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:37:41 -0700
I have found that there is a problem for using LVS persistent modes
to handle AOL customers during load balancing.  We have about
30% customers are from AOL.  However, AOL has each user
goes out to fetch a page through several cache proxy servers.
I could see that one user gets a page that has a few gif files is
by getting the html code from cache-rg07.proxy.aol.com, the next
gif file from cache-rg04.proxy.aol.com, the next gif file from
cache-rg05.proxy.aol.com,...  So the source IP address for even
a single page  is not consistent.  The next page html code is from
another cache proxy server, not predictable. The result is that a
few AOL customers saying that their shopping carts has inaccurate
items as they shopping along.  the result of that is I stopped
using the shopping cart.

Is there any way to address this AOL customers' problem?
The persistent mode needs to be able to load balancing based on
the actual browser, somehow.