Re: Turbo linux clusters as compared to lvs?

To: catls <catls@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Turbo linux clusters as compared to lvs?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 17:58:38 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 14 May 2000, catls wrote:

> Does anyone know how a turbolinux cluster used for load-balancing fares
> when compared with the lvs load balancing scheme?.

This is a somewhat sensitive topic on this list. The turbolinux people
used the LVS GPL'ed code to make their own non GPL'ed version of LVS and
announced it at a conference last year as something I remember sounding
like the "first Linux clustering code" without the courtesy of telling us
about it first.

They have since come up on this list and offered to have a competition
with our code. We didn't see the point in testing our code against our
code.

> Are they the same
> internally?

initially it was the same.