Re: Scalability

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Scalability
Cc: S Ashok Kumar <gsaki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 19:17:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 14 May 2000, jamal wrote:

> If we talk about limiting system resources then LVS is contributing to
> their consumption in both memory and CPU. Making a blanket statement that
> it doesnt is kind of ridiculous.

OTOH, i think i might have misunderstood you (and you might have
misunderstood the original poster). I apologize.
I think you are saying that LVS in this case uses Linux masquareding (and
therefore in itself doesnt add any extra code).
I think though that the question was what kind of performance can you get
out of the described PC (relative not to Linux but rather to some
commercial load balancer).

cheers,
jamal