Heartbeat problem.It takesover but refuses to release address

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Heartbeat problem.It takesover but refuses to release address
From: catls <catls@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:24:32 +0530 (IST)
Well i have got heartbeat working and when the main server shutsdown the
backup takesover.However when the main server again restarts the backup
server does not release the ipaddress it had taken over and ifconfig shows
a eth0:0 with the main server's address still active.Could someone help?
I think it is aproblem with my serial ports.When i type echo
"hello">.dev/ttyS1 on one machine hello is displayed with 2 newlines.Is
this the problem?Hope you can help.