Re: Multiple cable modem setup..

To: ilan steemers <ilan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Multiple cable modem setup..
Cc: Linux virtual <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:29:35 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Tue, 30 May 2000, ilan steemers wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are doing an experiment here with stacking 6 lancity cable modems.
> They each give a 1.5Mbit down and 1Mbit upstream, totaling approx 9Mbit
> down and 6Mbit up in a totaly perfect world. What I want to know is if
> LVS could handle this setup, ie could LVS handle incoming requests on
> one modem and serve them trough another?
> Any ideas on how this might work would be realy helpfull?

        Can CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH kernel config option
solve your problem? For LVS/NAT you have to specify many
nexthops in the default gateway setup.

        The setup is something like this:

ip route add default scope global nexthop <dev1> ... nexthop <dev6>

        I don't know which forwarding method is suitable for your
setup, may be LVS/NAT? The above feature is not handled from
LVS.

        You have to look in the iproute package and policy routing.

        Is that info enough?

> Thanx in advance,
>
> Ilan Steemers
> Technical Director