Re: Multiple cable modem setup.

To: Linux virtual <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Multiple cable modem setup.
From: ilan steemers <ilan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:28:55 +0200
Hi,

Well we are conducting this experiment together with the largest cable
provider in
Europe so we basicaly get what we want here ;-) Hhhm I've been thinking
of that
setup too but maybe it helps if I explain the purpose of this
experiment. We want to
run high quality Mpeg 4 streams to other ppl on the fibre net. Direct
route would be
an option I guess, but the idealy I would like this setup:

1. Client sends request
2. Request comes in on any one of the modems ( Not directed, just an
depends on the
client)
3. Request is directed to one or more servers (weighted)
4.Server serves the request back to the client trough any one of the
modems ( round
robin based for example)

Regards,

Ilan Steemers