Application-level virtual server problem(update)

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Application-level virtual server problem(update)
From: "Jytsai" <880579@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 00:00:24 +0800
Sorry! the ipchains rule on previous message has some mistake,
           this message is correct.

Hi all:

    I have implemented a virtual server program with direct routing
    in app-level by raw sockets.
    When I test the virtual services (like http), the program will receive
    the request or data packets sending from client and translate the dst
    mac address to some real servers'. Then,  send it out by raw socket
    too.
    But the problem is even I turn off the httpd on the load balancer
    itself, the load balancer still send the packet with 'RST' flag in tcp
    header to tell the client that she has no such '80 service'.
    So the client will receive 2 respond packets, one is the RST packet
    from load balancer, and the other is the normal respond packet from
    real server.
    Therefore, the client will be confused and cause connection failed.

    I think a solution by setting ipchains rule like this :

    ipchains -A output -p tcp -s 0/0 80 -d <the client ip> -j DENY

    It do stop the RST packet from load balancer to real server and make
    http services running normally !

    How do I control and stop RST response packet sending from the load
    balancer in app-level program ?
    May someone has a good suggestion to me? Thank you very much!