Re: Ultramonkey is sweet!

To: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ultramonkey is sweet!
Cc: Linux Virtual Server MList <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:33:00 -0700
On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 07:51:22PM -0400, Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> I'm now trying http_load and it seems to spread the load quite equally
> according to ipvsadm output.  So what is the deal with Netscrap?  Can
> someone explain it to me.

My understanding is that Netscape uses - forgive the terminology -
persistent HTTP connections. That is if Netscape opens up a connection to a
site and needs to suck down 10 URLs then this may be done over a single TCP
connection, much in the same way that cached SMTP sessions work with
sendmail (and other MTAs). Would this explain the problem?

--
Horms