Re: how to develop web-base tool to replace redhat Piranha

To: Eric <eric0802@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: how to develop web-base tool to replace redhat Piranha
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:17:17 -0400
Eric wrote:

> I am trying to develop a web-base interface to replace the Piranha. That's
> my school project.
> The following is my question,
> 1....which kernal and LVS version are stable to use?

They all work. This project is still in the development stage in that
we all go to the latest version when it comes out. It's not like we say
"here's the publically supported version, which we will stay at for a year,
and meanwhile we'll work on the development verions."

People in production are just using the version current when they setup.

> 2....which program language shouold I use? JAVA,

linux-netscape crashes with java. Otherwise it's anything you want
to develope.

JSP , PHP or what else?
> 3....what kind of books should I read?
>
> I am pretty new about linux. But  I do like the it.
> I will be very appreciated in your kind help and time.

Unless you've got time to burn and don't mind writing something
that may not be used, it would  be better to work on one of the
currently used and accepted interfaces. Ultramonkey is working
well and you might contact Horms horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx and see what
his plans are there. I'm sure he'd be delighted to have you
do some coding and take it in any direction you'd like.