Re: Possible problem with ipvsadm

To: "David D.W. Downey" <qixo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Possible problem with ipvsadm
Cc: linuxvirtualserver <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:02:47 -0700
On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 12:12:44PM -0500, David D.W. Downey wrote:

> Hi folks,
>       ipvsadmin is giving me back some funky info all of a sudden. I
> have rr services set up for our http services which is kicked right now to
> only one server (for final testing of the LVS code) which is 192.168.1.12.
>
> When i run ipvsadm -L -n I get info back stating that 127.0.0.1:80 is
> where requests are being forwarded. OK, according to the ha.cf file that
> is the fall back server. There is no httpd running on the real server at
> all, so I am wondering how it can still be serving pages even though it
> appears to be coming from 127.0.0.1.
>
> When I telnet outside of the boxes and check the pages running lynx
> -reload http://xxx.xxx.xxx I get the actual page as I am supposed to.
>
> Am I missing something here or is this a goof on ipvsadm's part or some
> part of the routing scheme for the packets misclaiming stuff?
>
> (Hopefully I've explained this correctly. If not ask me and I'll clarify.)

What version of ipvs are you using and what version of ipvsadm are you
using. In general you should use the version of ipvsadm that ships with
the version of ipvs that you are using.

To find the ipvs version run

ipvsadm -Ln | head -1

To find the version of ipvsadm run

ipvsadm -h | head -1

In particular if ipvs is >= 0.9.9 you must have ipvsadm >= 1.9,
conversly if ipvs is < 0.9.9 then ipvsadm must be < 1.9.

--
Horms