Re: ipvs 0.9.15 available

To: Wang Haiguang <wanghaig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ipvs 0.9.15 available
Cc: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:20:12 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Wang Haiguang wrote:

> Following is the detail:
>
> The LVS configuration is one dispatcher and two real servers.
> Two computers work as Web clients. The two client sends HTTP
> requests to the dispatcher at a rate about 400req/sec.
> The dispatcher uses the Round-Robin algorithm.
>
> I use ipvsadm observe the status of dispatcher, find that when
> the total numbers of active and inactive connections to one
> real server up to 7200, the incoming request will all go to another
> server.
>
> I don't know if there is the limitions for the total number of active
> and inactive connections for a real server.

        It seems my assumption about your setup is correct.
Please, read my first mail again and apply the setting in your
client hosts:

        echo 1 20000 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range

        Read Documentation/proc.txt for more info about this setting.

        Currently, your clients create connections from ports
1024..4999. The client ports are reused, the TCP connections are reused.
Your clients are limited in the number of connections they create.
You probably have ~752 other connections in your clients if you
create only 7200 connections to LVS.

        5000-1024=3976, 3976*2clients=7952, 7952-7200=752others

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>