Workshop/Roadshow Germany,Munich,Unterschleissheim 27.July.00

Subject: Workshop/Roadshow Germany,Munich,Unterschleissheim 27.July.00
From: Marc Grimme <grimme@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 11:01:34 +0200
Hi *,
on the 27th of July we are having a workshop about Storage Area Networks
and Clusters.

Registration:
http://www.san-time.org/ the little window that pops up or email to
grimme@xxxxxxxx
It is in GERMAN.

Clustering/Loadbalancing:
We are presenting a "heterogenous" Clustered Webserver (Linux, WinNT4,
Win2k) and a REALServer clustered (Linux, WinNT4, Win2k) via the lvs.
The data is mainly accessible with the gfs (if we see the linux nodes).

SAN:
The linux nodes accesses their data via the gfs. The Windows servers
don't:-(. But we are implementing the Tivoly Shared Filesystem SANErgyFS
to make a comparison between both gfs and SANErgyFS to show two
different approaches that are possible with "Shared Storage"
filesystems.

Examples:
You can access the workstations we are going to present over two
different URLs:
http://cluster.san-time.org/: Is a little demo how the "global" data is
accessed and Servlet-requests are loadbalanced by the lvs. We are
visualizing daily values and meanvalues each year of the DAX (German
Stock Quote) since 1956 and the Dow Jones since 1896.
http://dict.san-time.org/:    Is a storage dictionary (java-based, and
Dict-protocol based see http://www.dict.org/) with a lot of keywords
from the storage and clustering world to again show the capabilities of
loadbalancing. Cause every request is forwarded to another host.

Besides, companies like Compaq, Datacore, Andante(Legato) and Gadzoox
are presenting their latest products in this domain.
If anyone is interested have a look at http://www.santime.org/.

This is a kind of marketing presentation and is for free if there are
any places left :-).

We are looking forward to see anyone for interesting discussions.
--

Gruss/Regards,

Marc Grimme

**
ATIX - Company. for Informationtechnology and Consulting mbH
Einsteinstrasse 10
D-85716 Unterschleissheim
Tel.: +49-89 31 78 7 42 4
http://www.atix.de/            http://www.san-time.org/