Re: will this work (direct routing)?

To: "Ian S. McLeod" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: will this work (direct routing)?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: tc lewis <tcl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:17:18 -0400 (EDT)
ok, cool.  gotcha on the other traffic being dropped thing.  i could
always just throw a separate box in there entirely to masquerade the real
servers.  hmm but then everything would be forwarded through that box,
which is a needless extra hop for web traffic, so yeah that leads back to
what you were saying about source-based forwarding.  that's no big deal
for me at this point.  the real servers shouldn't need to get outside of
the internal network except for lvs-forwarded traffic (http requests).
nevertheless, thanks for the heads up on that in case i go down that road
later.

in rh6.2, "ip" (/sbin/ip) and related tools are in the "iproute" package.

-tcl.