Re: New redhat file at kbarrett's site...

To: Ed Crotty <ecrotty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New redhat file at kbarrett's site...
Cc: piranha-list@xxxxxxxxxx, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Keith Barrett <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:48:20 -0400
Ed Crotty wrote:

> does anyone know what this is?
>
> ftp://people.redhat.com/kbarrett/HA/ha-installer.tar.gz
>
> i assume its something from the ha cd.. maybe the modules for the
> kernel?
>
> i untarred it but i wasnt sure what i was looking at / if i needed it to
> use the latest and greatest piranha / ipvsadm combo (well, i know a
> newer kernel would be a good start tho)

It's the source to the modified version of the installer. It contains anaconda,
plus some of its driving config files. I posted it
to be compliant with the GPL, as it was the only thing different between the
Linux release and the HA Server product that was not
online.

It is not needed if you are just taking a Linux release and adding the HA
software. The only really interesting piece in it is the
class*.py file because it contains the logic used to security lock the product
down after the packages have been installed.

--

Keith Barrett
Red Hat Inc. HA Team