how linux virtual server identify the connection?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: how linux virtual server identify the connection?
From: "Kilmer Yang" <yangqi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:17:02 +0800
Help:
        I plan to install the Linux Virtual Server for web. but I don't know if
the Linux Virtual Server could keep the same session going to the same real
server. we use the session to track the user so we need the service will not
interrupt for the load balancing of Linux Virtual Server. If Linux Virtual
Server can not . what else can?
         By the way, who can tell me how Linux Virtual Server identify the same
connection. is it done by user's IP?
           Waiting for your response,Thanks a lot!