RE: LVS not responding?!

To: Jacob W Anderson <janders6@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS not responding?!
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:51:31 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Jacob W Anderson wrote:

> > > when I try to connect to the LVS on port 80 via http, I always get
> > > connection refused.
> >
> > there is no service listening on the target IP:port of your ipvsadm line.
>
> Isn't pulse supposed to automatically start the ipvsadm processes?  If not,
> then where am I supposed to put the ipvsadm commands?

out of my depth here. Nanny etc are RedHat products. There are people here
who know how they work, but I don't.

> Since I don't see the ipvsadm processes running on the lvs mx

ipvsadm is run once to push values into tables in kernel. There is no
separate ipvsadm (or LVS) process.

since connection is refused, ipvsadm hasn't been run (or has sent the
wrong values to the kernel). To see the values that ipvsadm has put
into the kernel, just run

$ipvsadm

This should like your various realservers/ports/services/scheduling etc.

 , I can only
> assume that such is the problem (as you mentioned).  Doesn't pulse act like
> inetd?

no idea sorry

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx