Re: How to setup Linux Virtual Server by IP Tuneling

To: Kilmer Yang <yangqi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to setup Linux Virtual Server by IP Tuneling
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:12:46 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Kilmer Yang wrote:

> Hi,
>         I am new to Linux Virtual Server. I recently setup the Linux Virtual
> Server by Ip Tuneling . but when I use ifconfig tunl0 192.168.0.227 netmask
> 255.255.255.255 , Linux tell me that I can not create this . I have compile
> the kernel to include the ip tuneling . is there anything else that i need
> to create a tunnell device.
>         Any one has this experience , please give me some instructions.
> Thanks.

        Assigning IP to the tunnel device is not a requirement to
accept packets in the real server (in VS/TUN mode). You can set
it to 0.0.0.0 but it must be UP to receive IPIP packets. Of course, the
VIP can be configured on any hidden interface, not only on tunl0. Same as
VS/DR.

        You can read some examples:

        http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/VS-IPTunneling.html

> Kilmer Yang yangqi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx