Re: splitting up a packet stream

To: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: splitting up a packet stream
Cc: Chris Anderson <chris.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>, LVS <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 06:43:01 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Julian Anastasov wrote:

>       For UDP the picture is different. We can remove the implicit
> persistence for the UDP connections and to select different real
> server for each packet.

I thought that UDP connections to the same service from the same client IP
all were scheduled to the same real-server, unless there were no
connections for a timeout period which i thought was about 15mins. I
remember someone trying to load balance ntp and he was not getting good
load balancing on a short time scale and this was the reason.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx