Re: RedHat 6.2 & nanny

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RedHat 6.2 & nanny
Cc: janders6@xxxxxxxxxx
From: Pietro Ravasio <pietro.ravasio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 14:46:57 +0200
At 18.37 30/07/00 -0700, you wrote:

Hi Jacob,

Also, any of you guys ever use lvs with the cvs pserver on port 2401?  Right
now I only have a single real server behind the virtual cvs.mydomain.com ...
but it doesn't seem to work.

It is EXACLTLY the same problem I have: nanny+ipvsadm work just fine with http and ftp, but don't seem work with any other port I can have service listening to (for example: an application gateway listening on 5555port (tcp) or an UDP server listening on 10000 port). Every time I start "pulse", ipvsadm works fine with http and ftp, but I've got to manually add real server for any other port (ipvsadm -a -t virtual_server_IP -r real_server_ip m ).

Does anyone of you know the reason of such nanny/ipvsadm limitation?

jacob, please let me know ANYTHING useful you might discover!

Bye,
Pietro Ravasio