Re: RedHat 6.2 & nanny

To: Keith Barrett <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RedHat 6.2 & nanny
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Pietro Ravasio <pietro.ravasio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 19:07:46 +0200
At 12.34 31/07/00 -0400, Keith Barrett wrote:

Hi Keith,

Thank you very mauch for answering.

Hummm. First I've heard of this. I personally never tried to use
piranha against cvs but it should work. Since a udp server
cannot be tested via just a connect (since it's connectionless),
you do have to perform some sort of send and/or expect test that
works with a udp server. And, unfortunately, right now that
test is limited to test type data.

How do you handle udp service failover detection? I've seen that as soon as I shut down any TCP server I might have listening to some port, nanny discovers that and correctly removes redirection with ipvsadm.

I have tested a whole range of ports. It sounds like you're
saying that nanny handles the testing but not the automatic
ipvsadm calls. We'll look into this.

Yes, this is exaclty the same thing I was thinking about, infact even with piranha 0.4.16-2 (that I was running since some hours ago :) my tcp servers was logging continuos connections from the active LVS server, but nanny didn't handle ipvsadm call. Now with 0.4.16-4 version this DOES work (evviva! :), but only with tcp protocol.

We just posted new RPMs, in which the I/O logic was changed.

And they DO work, thank you very much for you wonderful work! :D

Could you test them and see if they have the same problem, or if
they reduce the logging output? If you do experience the same
problems, could you log them into http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/
please? It helps emensely and it will ensure tracking.

Ok, I'm writing some comment about that at this moment.

Bye!
Pietro Ravasio

Thanks

--