Re: DR question

To: SYLVAIN.COUTANT@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DR question
From: Juri Haberland <news-innominate.list.linux.lvs.users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 11:53:31 +0200
SYLVAIN.COUTANT@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The best thing in CODA is it allows more than one computer to mount the
> filesystems. I do not know about any other technology allowing this (DRBD,
> NBD, ...) This should be by far one of the greatest feature of CODA (with
> support for disconnected operations).

Have a look at GFS (www.GlobalFileSystem.org). It is not quiet
production ready yet but close to. With GFS you can mount the fs r/w on
more than one host and it performs much better on large dirs than ext2!
It just needs a distributed/ redundant lock manager. You should
definitely watch this one...

juri

PS: Could you please stop the read receipt requests?

--
juri.haberland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
system engineer                                          innominate AG