Re: fallback

To: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: fallback
From: Karl <karl.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 13:18:38 -0500
karl wrote:

> > On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 10:58:16AM -0500, Karl wrote:
> > > when i configure a fallback server for a virtual server, the fallback (
> > > _not_ localhost btw ) shows up in the list of real servers and gets
> > > traffic from the VS sent to it.
> >
> > Can you reproduce this with the ldirectord that is currently in CVS?  Do
> > you have more than one virtual service with different fallback servers
> > specified?

Yes.  I have the latest ldirectord (1.16) and the same thing is
happening.  Also, this version doesn't seem to be reading/using weights
correctly..  ipvsadm reports all the real servers have a weight of 1..

here's my cf..

checktimeout = 30
checkinterval = 14
autoreload = yes
fallback = aaa.bbb.ccc.ddx:81 masq 1
virtual = aaa.bbb.ccc.ddx:80
    real = aaa.bbb.ccc.ddx:80 masq 5
    real = aaa.bbb.ccc.ddx:80 masq 6
    real = aaa.bbb.ccc.ddx:80 masq 8
    protocol = tcp
    scheduler = wlc
    service = http
    request = "/home.jsp"
    receive = "<!--asynchronysystems-->"

note: in 'fallback ='; routing type and weight are ignored, i just tried
it to see if it would work.. same results w/ and w/o.