Re: ideas about kernel masq table syncing ...

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ideas about kernel masq table syncing ...
Cc: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 09:13:33 -0700
At 02:34 PM 8/6/00 -0400, Joseph Mack wrote:
>On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Ratz wrote:
>
>> I'suggest not to send the updates via UDP but rather
>> define a own easy protocoll and run it over the
>> parallel port, since this needs no IP-stack
>> processing and will also work if there is a stack
>> problem.
>
>Parallel port only works for 2 machines. I know you don't want to rely on
>IP when IP could be hosed, but Ted elects a director from a set of peers.
>
>It would be nice to do this on a medium like (ethernet) which is
>many-to-many.

Sorry for throwing my 2 cents out, but I think LVS box could never
be the bottle neck for 99.999% situations.  If we are thinking balancing
on the wide area networks, that would be totally different.  Another
thought, if the concern was the LVS being the bottle neck, what
about implement something similar to Radware that has both
primary and 2ndary taking traffic at the same time?