Multi-site LVS solution

To: "Lvs-Users \(E-mail\)" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Multi-site LVS solution
From: "Ed Wiseman" <edw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:17:48 -0400
Hi All.  I am configuring a High Availability LVS solution for two (or more)
web sites.  I am have configured NAT based LVS to perform the load balancing
at each of the two sites and it works great.  However, I would like to be
able to use LVS to load balance HTTP and HTTPS between the two sites that
are already running LVS NAT load balancing - a two tiered approach.  I've
been leaning towards a LVS Tunnel solution so that I would have a master
director that would have a tunnel to the LVS NAT server at each site.   I
have a tunnel running between the two NAT load balancing servers but I
cannot get the NAT portion to load balance when I send traffic to it through
the tunnel.  Is this the correct approach to multi-site load balancing?
Will this two tiered approach work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ed

I.D.M.S. Inc.
Professional Services! Exceptional Solutions!
215 Dawlish Avenue
Aurora, Ontario, Canada L4G 6P9
Phone: +1(416)410-6947
http://www.iadms.com