Heartbeat

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Heartbeat
From: Doug Geiger <runexe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:42:18 -0400 (EDT)
 I've been having some trouble lately setting up Heartbeat on a couple LVS
machines I have setup here. LDirectord is setup and running fine on two
separate LVS machines (doing direct routing), managing two separate sets
of servers. I want to setup the two machines in a high-availability
configuration so that one can take over for the other in case of
failure. I swear I had it working fine last week, but for some reason now
heartbeat fails to execute. Or rather, it runs, but quits immediately. I'm
fairly certain I didn't change anything in the configuration files or
anything critical to the running of heartbeat since it was working, so I'm
rather baffled as to why it no longer will even execute. I've run strace
and ltrace to try and figure out what heartbeat was doing when it quit. I
can send a dump of ltrace or strace if needed. I've attached my ha.cf and
haresources files. In the meantime I'm just running ldirectord (which
still works fine) manually, but I'd really like to get heartbeat
functional again,
        Thanks,
                Doug

-- Doug Geiger
runexe@xxxxxxx  http://www.wpi.edu/~runexe/

When all else fails, pour a pint of Guinness in the gas tank, advance
the spark 20 degrees, cry "God Save the Queen!", and pull the starter knob.
                -- MG "Series MGA" Workshop Manual