Re: What is upbound of LVS hash table?

To: Wang Haiguang <wanghaig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: What is upbound of LVS hash table?
Cc: LVS <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 19:28:20 -0700
On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 09:33:38AM +0800, Wang Haiguang wrote:

> I see from LVS-How-To that the maximum number of
> connections of LVS is 2^12 by default. I know it
> can be modified when make the kernel. I what to
> know what is the maximum value I can specified
> when complie the kernel.

This number is _not_ the maximum number of connections, it is the number of
hash bucket entries. Buckets may contain multiple connections, but this is
less efficient as the hash bucket is a linked list.

The real limit is the ammount of memory you have.  Each _empty_ hash bucket
takes 8 bytes (under ia32).  And by my calculations each connection takes
124 bytes (under ia32) for an ip_masq structure.

--
Horms