Re: OT: iprout2 question

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: OT: iprout2 question
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Pietro Ravasio <pietro.ravasio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:57:03 +0200
At 12.11 25/09/00 -0400, Joseph Mack wrote:
the RFC's allow you to have multiple default gateways, but don't specify
how they are used (it's been a while).
So in principle yes (or do you already know this?).
I don't know how Linux handles this.

No, i didn't know it, even if I imagined that (linux kernel does allow you to have multiple gateways, but really use only the first one it finds "reading" routing tables... So it never uses the second one!) Now I would like to manage this (and expecially one of the gateway hosts failure) without using dinamic routing!

Thanks for your help!
Pietro Ravasio