Testlvs and Apache...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Testlvs and Apache...
From: Pietro Ravasio <pietro.ravasio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:27:45 +0200
Hi,

I do know that testlvs is not realized to test realserver performances, but I've got a little problem while running testlvs: each time I launch a test (even if with a low number of sent packets, ie. 10000) apache on real servers start to not to respond anymore (even if it seems to be running (ps -aux |grep httpd, but if I try a connection to localhost on one of the realserver I can't get anything). The only solutions is to restart apache.

Has anyone of you experienced such a problem?
I'm running apache on two real servers with two NIC interfaces on each of them (and so 4 real server in LVS point of view), both of them configured to route responces via the same NIC interface requests came from (ip ru + ip ro... )

Thanks,
Pietro

P.S.: I do experience this problem even if I add a "reject rule" in routing table for testlvs requests (route add -net 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 reject).