RE:LVS and CBQ

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:LVS and CBQ
From: joern maier <joern.maier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:29:36 +0200
I just want to thank everybody helping me:-)

Julian Anastasov was right:

I had to setup my VS WITH IP-TUNNELING and make an entry like this
(many of you suggested this but as I´ve been using direct routing
it did not work)

ipvsadm -A -f 100 -s lc
ipvsadm -a -f 100 -r <realserver1_IP> -i
ipvsadm -a -f 100 -r <realserver2_IP> -i
ipvsadm -a -f 100 -r <realserver3_IP> -i

having a rule in my ipchains table like that:

# ipchains -A input -p http -s <client-IP> -m 1

and setting up a CBQ filter

# tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 100:0 prio 100 handle 100 fw
classid 100:100

the VS-director passes only the specified maximum of traffic to the
realservers
this is exactly what I´ve been looking for

cheers,
        Joern