slightly OT - suggested acronym (I made it up, you heard it here first)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: slightly OT - suggested acronym (I made it up, you heard it here first)
From: John Cronin <jsc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:21:22 -0400 (EDT)
I propose a new acronym for the basic concept of using large numbers of
small servers to increase performance and/or reliability.  It is blatantly
ripped off from the RAID acronym, of course:

RAILS
Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive (Linux|Little|Lightweight) Servers

Of course LVS is just one example of this - Beowulf would be another,
and there could be other forms as well.

I thought of this as I was writing a marketing blurb for a handout
for this weekends Linux Showcase in Atlanta.  Unfortunately, I came
up with the actual acronym to late to include it, but the comparison
in benefits between LVS and RAID is in there.  The concepts are somewhat
similar in principle.  At least I have boldly leapt into the ranks of
five letter acronyms, instead of the cliche three and four letter acronyms.

;)

--
John Cronin