Re: Mininum hardware recomended

To: Rick Lim <rick_lim@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mininum hardware recomended
Cc: Linux LVS <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:22:25 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi!

> Is there a minimum requirement for the LVS-NAT director machine
> and real servers?

I think the minimum is a 386; Linux must run on it.

On my test-cluster there are three Pentium-machines, doing
a great job for testing a 10MBps Network.

This week it will go on the production-cluster with
Dual-Pentium-3 700 I guess. There will be a 2.5 GBps
and two 100MBPs cards to the redirector.

So, you see, the minimum requirement is not very high,
but you'll have to scale your hardware to the expected
traffic.
On a "real use" network, I guess you'll need a big pentium1
at least (depending on the NIC you have).

This is a personal opinion, and there are people with
much much more experiance then me.

Thomas