Re: Failover with NAT RH 6.2 & UM 1.0.1 (Kernel 2.2.14-5.0.14.um.3)

To: Shaun McCullagh <smccullagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Failover with NAT RH 6.2 & UM 1.0.1 (Kernel 2.2.14-5.0.14.um.3)
From: Juri Haberland <news-innominate.list.linux.lvs.users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:59:30 +0200
Shaun McCullagh wrote:

> Juri,
>
> Thank you very much indeed!
>
> I had to put
>
> fizz.information-innovation.com IPaddr::192.168.31.157
> ldirectord::ldirectord.cf
>
> into haresources, rather than
>
> fizz.information-innovation.com 192.168.31.157 ldirectord
>
> (ldirectord exited with code 1)

Hm, I thought ldirectord would search for ldirectord.cf somewhere in
/etc/ha.d/conf if it is not told otherwise - but never mind.
What I don't understand is why you are telling heartbeat explicitly to
use the IPaddr script. It would do so also if you just put your ip
address in the haresources file - but there's nothing wrong with what
you are doing. It's just that I wouldn't :-)

> but now it works purrfect :)

Great :-)

> One last question:
>
> If each LVS machine has one ppp interface, don't they need unique IP
> numbers?

Ehem. Right.

> You mentioned that haresources, ha.cf and authkeys should be identical
> on both machines.

Well, actually I never used the ppp-udp stuff. I always used plain
serial communication. It worked for me and the ppp stuff looked too
troublesome to me. In my case you can just copy the files to the other
node, but in your case you indeed have to maintain different versions of
ha.cf.
Sorry about that.

Juri

--
juri.haberland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
system engineer                                         innominate AG