Problems with backup router

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problems with backup router
From: Yong Wei <tyongwei@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:34:49 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all,

Hi, I have recenly setup a backup router. However, I
have difficulty on configuring the backup router. I am
using the piranha web interface to configure it. On
the redudancy panel, after I have created the backup
router and press accept, it changed back to inactive.
Why is this happen?

Below is my copy os lvs.cf:
=============================
primary = 10.0.0.41
service = lvs
rsh_command = rsh
backup_active = 0
backup = 10.0.0.42
heartbeat = 1
heartbeat_port = 539
keepalive = 6
deadtime = 18
network = nat
nat_router = 10.0.1.254 eth1:1
virtual greteld {
     active = 1
     address = 10.0.0.38 eth0:1
     port = 80
     send = "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"
     expect = "HTTP"
     load_monitor = uptime
     scheduler = wrr
     protocol = tcp
     timeout = 6
     reentry = 15
     server gretel3 {
         address = 10.0.1.3
         active = 1
         weight = 2
     }
     server gretel4 {
         address = 10.0.1.4
         active = 1
         weight = 1
     }
}

I start the pulse at the primary and backup router.
Why this copy of lvs.cf stated that the backup router
is not active whereas the copy of lvs.cf on backup
router is active?

Pls advice.

Thank you.

=====