Re: Need HELP! FOS does not work! What means SIOCGIFADDR failed?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Need HELP! FOS does not work! What means SIOCGIFADDR failed?
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:52:57 -0400
On 2000-10-23T14:24:05,
   thomas.hoelsken@xxxxxx said:

> I have a big problem with my FOS installation. Whenever I start pulse on
> primary and backup node, the primary is told to shutdown his services and
> the backup will takeover. But then the primary doesn't really stop, he runs
> up his services again and then even the primary and the backup node are
> broadcasting the virtual IP-adress.

I don't want to be too picky, but FOS is part of piranha and doesn't much
concern the Linux Virtual Server project as such.

Please use a more appropriate list, either the general linux-ha@xxxxxx list or
the piranha mailing list for that.

Keith, could you add a pointer to the piranha documentation stating this
distinction?

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>
    Development HA

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl