Re: Make zImage Error

To: mack@xxxxxxxxxxx (Joseph Mack)
Subject: Re: Make zImage Error
Cc: supin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Supin Wanna), lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John Cronin <jsc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:57:39 -0400 (EDT)
> On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Supin Wanna wrote:
>

> > I use Red Hat Linux releases 6.2 (Zoot)
> > Kernel 2.2.14-5.0 on an i586
>
> You're using a RedHat kernel which is not a standard kernel.
> If you're going to do it the LVS way get a fresh standard kernel from
> ftp.kernel.org.
>
> If you're going to do it the RedHat way follow their instructions

This is true enough.  If you want to stay strictly with Redhat,
go to Keith Barrett's page and download the appropriate stuff
there - they have RPMs for the kernel, and so forth.  You don't
have to compile anything if you don't want to.  However, you
will need to update RPM, as a couple of the packages didn't want
to install with the RPM that comes with Redhat 6.2 and prior (I think
it was piranha and ipvsadm).  Also, you will probably need to use
the --nodeps option with one of those two (the first you install),
as they seem to depend on each other (very annoying).

--
John Cronin