Persistent Connections

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Persistent Connections
From: iceam@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:44:03 GMT
Hi again all.

Having got the LVS to work superbly, I now need to add some
extra bits and pieces to my set-up to to prepare it for the
system that I am designing the platform for.

I have been asked to find out if it is possible to distinguish clients on any
other basis than IP address.

The scenario is as follows:

2 directors running mon etc
7 real servers running Apache, Tomcat, Java and Cocoon
2 databases, backend linked to the servers via another
    internal network.

What is required is a persistent connection for any
particular client, based on any rule which will identify the
client individually. I am aware the pcc is not yet available
(I hope this is right), but I can't seem to see another way
of doing what I want. Is it possible at all?

Each client must be able to be routed to the server they
used last, so as to pick up the session information that
was generated in the last session.

Many thanks in advance

Andy

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at
http://www.talk21.com