Re: Enhanced local-node?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, calibri@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Enhanced local-node?
From: "Lorn Kay" <lorn_kay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:52:53 -0000
I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work if you can
get two named daemons running each with their own
named.conf file and their own listen-on address access lists.
(Does that really work? Can you see them on netstat -apn?).

LVS should just pass the packets up through the protocol stack
to the named daemons once it figures out it does not
need to route the packet out one of its NICs.

(You can't mess with the port numbers in the packets when
the destination is local, but your solution to use two VIPs
looks like it should work.)

I wonder what two named daemons on one machine buys you?

-K